By popular demand, join us on Saturday, January 11th for our third Common Core Tech seminar. OpenEd and Nutmeg Education are organizing this. We will have speakers that include local educators, OpenEd, Nutmeg and more. Stay tuned for more details here.
The Speakers from Common Core Tech - Bay Area are now on line.
Click here see all the videos. Or click on the individual speak to see their individual talk.
Thank you all for making Common Core Tech - Bay Area a big success. We so appreciate you and all of the speaker for spending you Saturday afternoon with us.
- Dr. Ingrid Roberson gave an amazing interactive presentation on the Smarter Balanced Assessment.
- Zak Ringelstein of UClass talked about Democratizing the Common Core. (Click the link to go to his slides)
- Supra Manohar of Themeefy gave an energetic talk about Student Creating Project and the Common Core
- Ariel Braunstein of Knowmia gave an insightful and imaginative look at what makes a good video and how to get started making your own class videos
- Adam Blum of OpenEd gave an eye-opening and interesting presentation on the Myths, Readiness, Challenges and Solutionsfor the Common Core.
- Megan Frantz was a bit under the weather and unable to present. She asked that we still pass on her notes to everyone and directions to her blog.
Check back soon for the seminar videos!
Common Core Tech - Bay Area will be at the Alameda Department of Education. Once you arrive please go to the Board Room.
Registration will start at 9:30. Please arrive in time to register and collect all of your materials.
Dr. Roberson’s presentation will be interactive. Please bring your laptop, Ipad to join in the fun. There will be Internet available.
See you on Saturday!
9:30 – 10:10 Registration
10:10 – 11:00 Dr. Ingrid Roberson: On the Road to 2014-2015: Depth of Knowledge and Smarter Balanced Assessments
11:10-11:40 Zak Ringelstein: Democratizing the Common Core
11:45-12:15 Supra Manohar: Student creations/projects for Common Core Success
1:00-1:20 Ariel Braunstein: Teaching with Video - Just Get Started…
1:40-2:25 Megan Frantz: Technology, My Classroom and the Common Core
2:30- 3:00 Adam Blum: Common Core State Standards: Myths, Challenges and Solutions
Common Core Tech - Bay Area is pleased to announce that our October 26, 2013 seminar will be held at the Alameda Department of Education located at 313 West Winton Ave. Hayward, CA 94544-1136. Thanks very much to the Alameda Department of Ed for their support.
On October 26th (please note the date change) at 10am, we will host the second Common Core Tech conference. once again free of charge for active teachers.